Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 11 Premium. Bug while scheduling and using the description field of 'associate with'

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Act 11 Premium. Bug while scheduling and using the description field of 'associate with'

Working in ACT! by Sage Premium 2009 (11.0) Version 11.0.0.367, English (Europe)

OS: XP professional 2002 dutch localised, SP 3 installed.

When working with the description field in the 'associate with' dialog, deleting an entry results in 'object not set' error.

Steps to reproduce for 100% reproducability:

1. Go to daily calender

2. Schedule activity (type of activity does not matter)

3. Click on associate with

4. Switch to group list

5. Sort on the description field

6. Enter data. Act will automaticly try to append text according to the 'found' group. In this case it is a dutch description for 'general group'.

7. Backspace to erase the entered info until the box is empty again (could be because you want to enter another group or by mistake entered this data). Bug occurs:

Sage, how about adding this one to the bug-list of Act 11 and fix it?

Kind regards,

René van der Velde

aka 'The Dutch Betatester'

The Netherlands

Kind regards,

Rene van der Velde
The Netherlands

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dutchbetatester
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Act 11 Premium. Bug while scheduling and using the description field of 'associate with'

A quick followup.  The issue only occurs if there are groups with blank descriptions.  If all of your groups have any text in the description field, you will not get the error.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Re: Act 11 Premium. Bug while scheduling and using the description field of 'associate with'

I have duplicated the issue you described and have reported it as an issue for further research. I will provide an update if the status changes or if an alternative workaround to this issue is identified. I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause.

The error will come up each time you erase the text in the find field.  ACT! will continue to work after clicking Ok on the error.

Copper Contributor

David,

It's not a major bug. It needs fixing, but it can wait for the next major hotfix.

Kind regards,

René van der Velde

The Netherlands

Kind regards,

Rene van der Velde
The Netherlands
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dutchbetatester
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

A quick followup.  The issue only occurs if there are groups with blank descriptions.  If all of your groups have any text in the description field, you will not get the error.

Copper Contributor

Thank you David for following up on this issue. Having ALL description fields filled (with real data or at least a dummy character) is a workaround for this issue.

I have marked your answer as accepted solution.

(Actually, i would like to mark it as 'Accepted workaround' since it still is a bug. Please leave the issue on the buglist so it will be solved somewhere in the future please Smiley Happy

Again. Thanks for your continous presence on this board on behalf of Sage!

Kind regards,

René van der Velde

The Netherlands

Kind regards,

Rene van der Velde
The Netherlands