Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 11 APFW, Reports don't work, on server in APFW only once after "Write" has started

Tuned Listener

Act 11 APFW, Reports don't work, on server in APFW only once after "Write" has started

We have no success with Reports in Act 11.0.1.500 working via the web interface. Setup on MS 2003 Server x64. SQL 2005 latest sp, with 32 bit report writer installed.

The clients of act work fine on the office pc's, Write, reports, everything.  When I try to access Act via the web from the same office pc, I can log in, check all my contacts, but when I try to run a report it stalls. If I hit cancel it gives an error and IIS on the server seems to crash(requiring a reset of IIS, or a restart of the server). If I simply close the report window (which is not responding) then I can get back into Act. 

If I have restarted IIS or the server, from the server I can run Act for Web, and right after restart the Reports work just fine. If I close out of APFW and try to log in again, everything but the Reports work. Through hours of testing, and luck, we found that if we start the "write" and create a letter or memo, then close out of write without saving, Reports, works..  and they will also work at that time, with no problem on the office client computers.

As you can imagine I'm stumped, my Act Independent agent is stumped, and the Sage level2 Support team is stumped. 

Could this be a service, asp.net, "Permissions" problem?  Do the services need special logon privileges? They already had us reinstall to a new web site in IIS.

Does anyone have experience with this and know a solution?

I do have another server running MS Server 2008 x64.  Would it be better to reinstall on this machine? ANy problems with 2008 x64?

Thank you all in advance for your suggestions and answers.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 11 APFW, Reports don't work, on server in APFW only once after "Write" has started

Are there any errors relating to APFW, ASP.NET or IIS in the Windows Event Viewer under Application that correspond to this issue occurring?  Have the users added the APFW URL to their Trusted Sites list and tried turning off pop-up blockers and phishing filters in Internet Explorer?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

Re: Act 11 APFW, Reports don't work, on server in APFW only once after "Write" has started

There are none of these errors. I just tried it on the server again through IE, had to start Act word Processor for the reports to work, if I did not log out of the server I could get reports in  ActWeb to work on my desktop machine with ie6,  as soon as I logged out of the server the reports would not work on my desktop.

The site has been put in the trusted sites, pop-ups are off, no phishing filter in ie6,  (Gee... could Act require any less secure method of having us set up InternetExploder??) I'm sure Act is working on a longer term, secure system, hopefully without ActiveX so that it can by used by all browsers..

There were no errors,  this is the info from the event log Applications:

Event Type:    Information
Event Source:    AFW
Event Category:    None
Event ID:    9999
Date:        11/25/2008
Time:        10:25:07 PM
User:        N/A

Description:
Storing user preferences in C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\inetsrv\ACT\ACT for Web\Preferences\UserPreferences\

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Time:        10:18:41 PM

Description:
Storing user preferences in C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\inetsrv\ACT\ACT for Web\Preferences\UserPreferences\

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Time:        10:18:41 PM

Description:

Time:        10:16:34 PM

Description:

Thank you for your response, hopefully you will be able to help.