Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 10: History of contact only visible after changing layout

Act 10: History of contact only visible after changing layout

Hi,

We have APFW v10 (10.0.3.182, Hotfix 1), use the local client, and let it sync with the main DB in our main office.

One of my users is experiencing a problem: When she records a history (lookup, tab history, right-click, record), it's not visible. When she switches layout (eg. to layout B) it becomes visible.

When she records a second history, both the earlier and this new history are invisible. Until she changes layout again (eg. back to layout A).

So: History is invisible for her until she switches layout. I've tried various layouts, all seem to have this same problem.
Other Act installs do not share this issue (all the same version).

It's very hard for her to see what she's already recorded and what not, and selecting the layout 50x per day is getting frustrating. As I'm the guy who has to fix it, her frustration will be directed my way.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Re: Act 10: History of contact only visible after changing layout

What version of IE is she using?  Is the issue machine specific?  If it is, you can delete temp internet files and cookies to see if it will fix the refresh issue. 

[ Edited ]

Hi David,

IE version is 7.0.5730.13. Does IE affect the local client? She's not using the web interface.

Only her machine is affected.

*edit* deleting temp files, cookies etc didn't solve the problem.

Best regards,
Glenn

Message Edited by GlennD on 05-18-2009 01:12 AM

I thought the user was accessing the database from the web since you use AFW.

See if you get the same results in the demo database on the computer having the issue.  If she is using Windows XP, try reducing hardware acceleration.  You can find the steps in the KB article below.

Display Does Not Completely Refresh When Changing From One View to Another

No, she uses the local client.

It is not a visual (driver-hardware) related problem, there is no "blank space" or other anomaly. It's the Act code that does not refresh, no new row appears in history.

I'll try it out with the demo database as soon as I get the chance! If it works fine in the demo DB, what would be the next step? Re-create the remote DB? Or can I perform a maintenance on the SQL?

Did you try reducing the hardware acceleration?  If its database specific you can run maintenance from actdiag to see if it will fix the issue.

Database Rebuild and Repair Procedures