Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 10 Email crash

Act 10 Email crash

I am running Act 10 Premium on a WindowsXPSP2 platform with Office 2007.

The Problem that I'm having is that when I try to start Act Email I get the error:

'Catastrophic failure: (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED))

Has anyone else encountered this? Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks,
James
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 10 Email crash

If you were connecting to Outlook (and not using Internet Mail), why not change the setting in Tools | Preferences | Email | Email Setup - to use Outlook instead of the ACT! Email client?

Also make sure you have 10.0.1 or 10.0.2 (in Help | About) - You can download the current patch from

Excuse me tagging onto an old thread, it seems relevant.

Using ACT! by Sage Premium 2008 (10.0) (ST Edition) Version 10.0.2.191

Does anyone know if any of the above mentioned patches can be used with my version - or does the 191 extension mean they have already been included. There is no release date marked on the patches. ?

The reason I am considering it is my users constantly report crashing, most often with larger emails to multiple recipients.

Is it the forums opinion that the ACT! standalone email is more efficient at this when not coupled with Outlook (2007)? 

MTIA

Angus

Nickel Elite Contributor

Angus, your 10.0.2.191 reference is to version 10.02 of the product.  There is a newer release 10.03 that should be available to you via ACT! Update. 

Perhaps this version may help the issue you have encountered.

thanks

Matthew McFadden
Nickel Elite Contributor

James,

Is there any additional information beyond the HResult error code you have posted?  Perhaps a Class ID (CLSID) value.

Can you kindly post the entire error message?

thanks

Matthew McFadden
Platinum Elite Contributor

thegus54 wrote:

Excuse me tagging onto an old thread, it seems relevant.

Using ACT! by Sage Premium 2008 (10.0) (ST Edition) Version 10.0.2.191

Does anyone know if any of the above mentioned patches can be used with my version - or does the 191 extension mean they have already been included. There is no release date marked on the patches. ?

The reason I am considering it is my users constantly report crashing, most often with larger emails to multiple recipients.

Is it the forums opinion that the ACT! standalone email is more efficient at this when not coupled with Outlook (2007)? 

MTIA

Angus

Angus, are you still having these issues?

If so, how large are the numbers of contacts are you trying to email?