Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 10.0 Deletions

Copper Contributor

Act 10.0 Deletions

I am trying to delete a lookup of over 100,000 contacts and I keep getting messages that act has encountered an error and will shut down. If I delete say 1,000 at a time I have no problems. Is there a size limit in an act database they may be causing issues?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 10.0 Deletions

First, you should do this on the server, or machine hosting the database.

Second, make sure you have a backup

Third, try and increase the time out settings in ACTDIAG as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/6xujza

You might also try the ACTDIAG repair option in case is't a damaged contact or link causing the problem.

Because ACT! creates a separate history entry for each contact deleted, you are probably maxing out the temp file used to store the history entries until the deletion operation is completed.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

As a thought, it might be easier (depending on how you're set up (LAN, Sync, etc), it might be an option to create a new database, Lookup the records you want to keep and export them to the new database. Then use the new one.
Copper Contributor

I am trying your suggestion but so far it has taken me 2 hrs just to transfer 16 users too new database and it is not done yet.... Why is it taken so long and what will happen once I try to transfer remaining 34,000 contacts.

Turning off duplicate checking when doing this will make it faster... remember to turn it back on afterwards