Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Acrobat/XML forms import

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Acrobat/XML forms import

Hi,

I'm new here, but have found lots of answers on these forums previously so I'm hoping someone can help me.

We are running 20 user Act Premium 2009, on SBS 2003 and with Vista and XP clients.

What I'm hoping to achieve is the import of data from an Acrobat/Livecycle pdf form (which is delivered to us via email in xml format) into Act to create new records. For example, if there were three fields on the form for name, phone number and email address I would need to import this data into a newly created record and populate those fields in the database.

If it makes any difference I can name the XML tags whatever I like, so they could map directly to the act field names.

Does anyone know anyway to achieve this?

Thanks in advance

Mark

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author markmm
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Acrobat/XML forms import

Thanks for your advice. For anyone who has the same problem I did in the end find this software: Email Lead Grabber which is horribly buggy but at least it works. Also, bizarrely, it has been updated to Act 2010 but still is only compatible with Outlook 2002 and earlier.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Bronze Super Contributor

A tool like Import IT from CRMAddon will likely be able to get the data into the database.  It doesn't look like it will support the XML file directly, and not sure that any tool out there will.

If you can create some kind of a process to massage the XML into another format, you will be good to go.

Solution
Accepted by topic author markmm
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Thanks for your advice. For anyone who has the same problem I did in the end find this software: Email Lead Grabber which is horribly buggy but at least it works. Also, bizarrely, it has been updated to Act 2010 but still is only compatible with Outlook 2002 and earlier.