Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Account Rep in ACT Premium for Web

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Account Rep in ACT Premium for Web

Silly question I am sure, but I have looked everywhere and still i cant figure out how to add and delete "Account Reps" on ACT (2008 Premiun Ver 10.0). And, yes, I have full rights to ACT and there is no obvious field where to edit Account Reps

Thanks,

Don

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Don1
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Account Rep in ACT Premium for Web

Mike, thank you. You are correct, it was a specific field created and i was able to amend it through the Tools/Design fields on the full client on the server.

I really appreciate your help, have a wonderful day

Don

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

If you mean the ACT! Record Managers (ie users), this can only be changed with the full client on a LAN or on the server. It can't be changed with the Web client
Copper Contributor

No, I dont mean the users. For each contact (client or customer) we also add the name of the account representative that handles the account. The account reps do not have access to or uses ACT.

Our original tech guy who set up ACT is no longer employed here so i am on here looking for answers.

Then, I guess it's a field created for you... it may have a pull-down which you can modify with Tools | Design Fields - again, this needs to be done from the full client on the server or LAN

Solution
Accepted by topic author Don1
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Mike, thank you. You are correct, it was a specific field created and i was able to amend it through the Tools/Design fields on the full client on the server.

I really appreciate your help, have a wonderful day

Don

Copper Contributor

I am back with a new but related issue.  My ACT seems to have changed all on its own and i can no longer do a lookup by Account Rep. This is a field that I had created using Tools/Design. When I did lookup i was able to see "Account Rep' as a field, but now it doesnt show up.

Anyone has any idea why this may have happened and what i can do to rectify the situation?

Thanks,

Don

[ Edited ]

Hello Don1,
Is the "Account Rep" field still visible on your layout? If so, then the assigned field name may be different than the label for the field. To verify this, open the database in the full installed application (not the web database) and go to Tools > Design Layouts > Contact. Locate the label "Account Rep", then look at the field name in the white box next to the label. This is the name of the field being used and what you would do your lookup on. If not, then go to Tools > Define Fields, verify the field is still there and add it to your layout.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Greig, thank you. I checked the field as you advised and interestingly the field was re-named to a specific Acct rep. I went into Tools -define field and change it back to 'Account rep' and now it works just fine.

Thank you for your help (would you know why this change would have happened? No one else could have accessed the installed application so i m assuming it was just a glitch in ACT).

Don

Don,
I'm glad to hear you got the issue with the field resolved. However, it's not a glitch in ACT!, someone would have had to change that field.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.