Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Accidentally deleted entire state of contacts need help

Accidentally deleted entire state of contacts need help

I accidentally deleted an entire state of contacts approximately 1375 contacts.  I use a remote database act! premium which I sync with the main server.  The contacts are still on the main server which I can access with act premium for web.  I have not sync'd since this happened.

What would be the best way to get this info back into my database?  I exported the contact info to an excel spreadsheet but what about notes, history etc.?  Also what happens if I do sync will that delete the records from the main server?  It has been 80 days since I sync'd and I am getting a message that the database will expire soon if I don't sync but it doesn't say when.

Any help would be great.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Accidentally deleted entire state of contacts need help

If you sync the records will be deleted from the publisher database. The best thing to do is abandon your present remote datase and get a new RDB from the publisher database.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Accidentally deleted entire state of contacts need help

I agree with Roy...you should definitely create a new remote database to avoid the risk of losing those contacts for good. No amount of extra data you may have to enter in is worth that.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.