06-19-2020 06:31 AM
Citrix may be a other story, pls call me under +41 715 087-209 or +498282800400
08-19-2020 09:03 AM
The issue is related to corrupt registration files. Please delete all the files listed below. Then open Act! back up and it will ask you to register again and then you should be good to go.
then Delete the entire directory and its contents C:\ProgramData\Act\ActData
12-28-2020 08:04 AM
If it helps anyone receiving this error in the year 2020 - we saw this issue using an RDS server setup. Both the RDS copy of ACT and the copy on the standalone ACT server would show this error - although running as admin would have no issues, which indicated to me entitled users were missing some kind of permissions access.
If this sounds like you, check the C:\ProgramData\Act folder, and ensure that entitled users have at least read access to it and every subfolder/file inside it (you can try full, I did modify but it's probably overkill). Once done try launching the application again as the user. If you still see it, it might be worth making sure they have permissions to the ACT DB files in whatever documents folder you stuck it in - that was my first step but didn't end up solving the problem. The ProgramData folder contains the licensing afaik, so it seems like whoever runs the application needs to have the permissions to allow the app to read it's own licensing files. Interestingly, this issue appeared out of nowhere and heretofore had to been running fine for two weeks since we upgraded from an ancient version (Act 2011).
a month ago - last edited a month ago
I ran into this issue today with a Windows Update and Act! Pro v22. Two of the users got "Access to path is denied" error when trying to open Act!. Checked permissions, tried copying pad locally, changed pad file to use IP address instead of machine name. The only thing that worked was deleting the licensing files in ProgramData folders locally along with the ActData folder and reregistering Act!
a month ago
a month ago
Thank you. I did as you suggested but had to also log into Act! using Run As Administrator, logout of Act! and back in without running as Administrator and that worked.
I thought I had tried that yesterday but and added Everyone as well to ProgramData/Act folder and it did not resolve the issue. Anyway, Thanks so much. Glad it worked!
3 weeks ago
I have seen this a number of times and it seems vey random and only effects some installations in a multi ACT networked site. It seems to happen on a Monday after a Windows update and running ACT as administrator corrects this and the user can then run ACT normally until the next Widows update.
I agree that this must be some sort of permissions problem but not sure why this is happening.