Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Access Level not retained when creating a duplicate contact

Copper Contributor

Access Level not retained when creating a duplicate contact

The Access Level for Users/Teams are not being copied over to the new contact when a duplicate record is created. For example, if the original record access is set to Limited for Teams A and B, then the newly created duplicate record's access is set to Limited for Record Manager/Creator and Administrators. The preferences for new record creation is also set to Limited for Teams A and B.

Thanks for your help!

Re: Access Level not retained when creating a duplicate contact

Hello,

I have duplicated the issue you described and have reported it as an issue for further research. I will provide an update if the status changes or if an alternative workaround to this issue is identified. I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause.

Copper Contributor

Thank you! Could you please send me an email when there is an update?
Copper Contributor

I just updated to 11.1 hot fix 1 and the issue is still occurring.

The service pack didn't address this issue.  The issue will be fixed in a future version.
Copper Contributor

This continues to be an issue on the ACT 2010. We are using ACT! by Sage Premium 2010 Version 12.0.409.0, Hotfix 3.

Opportunities also show the same behavior when duplicated. We have change the Access Level manually for each sales opp that is duplicated.

Bronze Contributor

Same can be said for imports - the Limited Access preferences are not honored on an import from Outlook, txt/csv
Signature
Copper Contributor

Any updates on when this would be fixed?

This has been an issue (that we know of) since ACT 2009. We reported the issue immediately, but haven't heard anything on when this will be fixed. The Access Level feature cannot be used properly if it doesn't copy the access level to duplicated records. This causes many problems for us because we have to constantly search for duplicated records (very time consuming) in order to allow access to the contact record, opportunity record, activities, etc to the appropriate user team.

Nickel Elite Contributor

David,

You said this will be fixed in a future version but we're on the next version, a service pack and 4 hotfixes in and still nothing.  Any idea when we can realistically expect this issue to be fixed?  This impacts anyone who uses limited access.

-----------
Marshall Knapp
AspenTech Consulting Group, Inc.
Act! Certified Consultants - Diamond Level
866-880-4ACT (4228)
www.aspen-tech.com