Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Abacus Calculated fields for ACT!

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Abacus Calculated fields for ACT!

Is anybody using this? I was using this add-on with ACT! 2007 with no problems. Recently updated to ACT! 2012 and the add-on no longer worked. (Not surprising)

I went to their site (www.actpresentaion.com. Although 2012 is not mentioned as compatible, I downloaded the demo. It worked perfectly so on that basis,  purchased the full version. Once installed, it just comes up with a message stating that my version of ACT! is not supported and fails to function.

Over three weeks, I have sent four emails to both addresses for support with absolutely no response.

Does anybody have any information on the company--working contact information?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author pleap
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Abacus Calculated fields for ACT!

All Replies
Copper Contributor

Just noticed a typo in my previous post... the address is www.actpresentation.com.

Solution
Accepted by topic author pleap
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Copper Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply. Their user forum hasn't had any activity since Feb.. 2010 so I was assuming that they have faded away... unfortunately the section that takes your payment still seems to be working. I suppose I don't have any recourse, they make no claim that the product works on 2012, even if the demo does.

I'll check out the recommended add-on and write this off to experience, I guess.

Thanks again.

It was my understanding that all software had to give a no-fault 30-day return.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

If you ordered it via credit card, your card issuer should be able to process a return for you
Copper Contributor

I used this add-on for ACT 2010 and after upgrading to 2012 found that it no longer worked as well. I sent probably 4-5 emails to the vendor, who never answered any of them.

I would not wast your money on this add-on.

...rd

The alternative program you are referring to....doesn't have the same capabilities.....the one major difference that Abacus does that no other program out there does....is.....that Abacus will automatically recalucate field values when the value in the refernce field changes....whereby all the other programs out there....you have to actually change or tab out of the field for it to recalculate the value....and in my opinion...that is absolutely useless.  These programs go and on about calculating the clients current age in years...but you would have to tab out of DOB field anytime you wanted an accurate value.

Copper Contributor

First, thanks to everyone who responded.

Still haven't had a word from ActPresentations / Abacus.

I've downloaded the demo of the Exponenciel add-on and it seems to be working fine; having to tab out of a field to trigger an update doesn't bother me, I've got into the habit of doing that anyway.

I'll give VIsa a call and see if I have any options for a refund.

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

As I understand it, you can load and run Exponential on the publisher DB (server) but individual remote users will not be able to view the results of calculated unless they each have a full license as well. The add-on is $70 per user, which is too pricey for us.

This was a built-in feature of Goldmine; even many years ago. It would be nice if ACT followed the same route. IMO this would be a much more useful program feature than Scratchpad! ...rd