Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ASPX Error For Single User

ASPX Error For Single User

Hi,

We're using ACT! for Web Premium 2007 (v9), which runs fine for most of our users (we have 6 people using it). However, one user is getting an error. When he tries to email using the ACT! email (not Outlook), he receives a number of pop up ASP error messages, I have done a print screen, and pasted these errors into a jpg so you can see. The usual message seems to be 'object doesn't support this property or method'.

Apparently this happens on any machine he logs into, even machines that work when other people login and use ACT! on them. To me, this suggests a problem with his user account, rather than workstation or server, but I don't know what! I've checked his user setup, and it all seems OK. Can anyone suggest a solution?

Many thanks

Ben
Vad
Copper Contributor

Re: ASPX Error For Single User

I'm not sure, but may be it happened because a problem with user rights in IIS or local server. Is this user has the same rights in IIS like another local users? Is this user has access to all local web resources (IIS home page) like another local users? you need to check user rights on a local server. And you'll need to compare it with another user's right. May be your user doesn't included into one of network groups which it is necessary for the accessing to ACT! for WEB. Also, you need to check it.
Regards,
Vad
Platinum Elite Contributor

Failing that, when this user uses another user's machine... is he logged into Windows as the other user (ie only the ACT! login is different)?

At what point does the error occur?

Is there any pop-up blocker being used?

I'm having the exact same problem....as a patch I've upgraded some users. 

However, I don't really expect to have to find work arounds for a product like ACT.