Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ASP.Net process account does not exist...

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

ASP.Net process account does not exist...

[ Edited ]

I'll make this as long and drawn out as I can...

I had Act 2012 Pemium (access via web) on a 2008 R2 server.  At one one point, I could access it from off site, I could access it via my iPhone/iPad mobile app, and I could access via a web browser at another computer in the office.

I have just upgraded to V20, then a month later to V21.

A while back (which for us old guys is several years) I was having an intruder attempting to gain access to the server.  At the time, a bunch (computer technical jargon) of things were "turned off" on the server to keep the intruder out.  Now, who knows what was done...  I'm sure it had to do with Remote Access and Routing.  I'm still digging into that.

But, I have installed V21 Premium (access via web) and would now like to restore outside access.

The Test button on the Web Server Tab of the Web Site Administration box immediately fails.  ASP.Net process account does not exist...

If I hold the control button and click the other tabs, I can see all of my "old" data (User Account,) is still there.  It does look like I'll need to add my database back to the Database tab.

If any one can assist with this, I'd be eternally grateful.

Thanks!

Chris B.

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Re: ASP.Net process account does not exist...

That didn't take long.  I added the database, and the test PASSED.

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

But I'm still not able to access the apfw site.  I enter http://servername/apfw and get a message the at the server could not be reached.  This computer is part of the server domain.

I am able to RDP to the server if I use the server IP address.  Think I'll try using the IP and see if I can connect to /apfw.

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

BINGO!  Using the IP address, I am logged in.