Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ASP.NET process account does not exist or is not configured properly / WinXP SP2

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

ASP.NET process account does not exist or is not configured properly / WinXP SP2

[ Edited ]

I have done several test installs of Act Premium for Web 2008 (10.0) on Win XP SP2 on different platforms and intermittently the install fails because ASP.NET doesn't work/won't engage.  (ASP.NET Web Server test fails under Web Site Administration Web Server Test.  There error message is "ASP.NET process account does not exist or is not configured properly.... " )  I always use fresh installs of Win XP, and I can't figure where the failure point is.  I've got a new server platform, and it's happening again.  The Knowledgebase has three postings mentioning this error:

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?p_sid=kZ3wuf...

But none of the postings address how to fix/enable ASP.NET under an XP installation.   They mostly focus on Win Server 2003.

I have Act running on the older platform, and in side-by-side comparisons of the IIS server settings and other config settings I can't see a difference in settings between old and new installs.  Anyone experience this or, alternatively, have a solution for getting ASP.NET to engage.  From everything that I can see, ASP.NET is installed.  I have also tried re-installing .NET 2.0 manually, which didn't change anything.  The best I can guess is my slipstream of XP possibly is bad or missing something and I need to generate a new (plain vanilla, nothing altered/removed) version, which is what I'll try next.  

Any ideas?

Message Edited by commstrat on 02-24-2009 10:52 AM
Message Edited by commstrat on 02-24-2009 10:52 AM

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author commstrat
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

Re: ASP.NET process account does not exist or is not configured properly / WinXP SP2

On further testing, we determined that this issue was related to some glitch in the slipstream build of the Windows XP SP2 install disk.  We needed to slipstream in Intel SATA chipset drivers because SP2 was not compatible with new server hardware (a more frequent problem when trying to install the older OS on newer components/platforms).  We probably removed an XP component from the slipstream that was needed for ASP.NET to engage.  The only component removed was the indexing service, which instead is now manually disabled after install to improve system performance.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author commstrat
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

Re: ASP.NET process account does not exist or is not configured properly / WinXP SP2

On further testing, we determined that this issue was related to some glitch in the slipstream build of the Windows XP SP2 install disk.  We needed to slipstream in Intel SATA chipset drivers because SP2 was not compatible with new server hardware (a more frequent problem when trying to install the older OS on newer components/platforms).  We probably removed an XP component from the slipstream that was needed for ASP.NET to engage.  The only component removed was the indexing service, which instead is now manually disabled after install to improve system performance.