A user has just upgraded to Win10. Using IE11, some fields do not display data in Contact Detail View. Data displays fine in List View. Chrome displays the data correctly, but the user needs to use IE because mail-merging to Word is a key function.
This can sometimes happen after an upgrade if older Act Premium web code or content has been cached by the browser. I would suggest clearing the browser cache and cookies and retrying. We have a Knowledgebase article with recommended settings for IE here: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38231 I would also suggest checking these settings are correct.
Thanks for the response. Changing Browsing History option solved a new problem that had started after upgrading to v18.2.I.e. Selecting a contact from list view reverted back to the previous "Looked-up" contact rather than the contact selected from the list. But the fields on the Personal Info tab still don't display any values when using IE on a Win10 computer. Logging in as another user has the same problem, so I can't see that it is a Preferences issue. Chrome works fine, & IE11 works fine from my Win7 computer. This user has another problem which may be related, so I will mention it here. On some contacts, mail merging to a particular Word Template returns "This command is not available because no document is open". Other templates work fine. Other users can select the same contact & template & merge without problems. I think this is pointing at some difference in IE settings.
Just to close this off, I resolved the issue as follows: Removed all the fields on the Personal Info Tab, created a new tab & slowly added the fields from the Personal Info tab, testing as I went. I found that adding the home phone fields (phone & mobile) "broke" the layout (in Windows10 & IE11). By excluding the two phone fields but adding all the others, Win10/IE11 users were now able to see data in the new tab. NB: Cutting & pasting fields from the old tab to the new tab didn't work. I had to create each field manually. Be good to understand why the layout/tab was corrupted. I had added a calculated field earlier for age, & sometime earlier we were populating the home phone & a custom field via the API. The custom field/API link had been turned off several weeks earlier because it appeared to be corrupting a drop-down field located adjacent on the contact layout.
I did a quick test with Windows 10 and IE11 on an 18.2 APFW database and was not able to reproduce this issue on my layouts. It does sound as if there was some issue with your layout that was affecting how the data was being displayed in IE11. Thanks for letting us know you you resolved the issue.