Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

APFW email signatures corrupt

Copper Contributor

APFW email signatures corrupt

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

First, sorry for the crossposting. I put this in the Dev Forum and the Act Prem forum also, as this is a joint issue.

Short version:

Loaded Act Prem for web Dec 2012 on a new box. Life was good. Customer soon uncovered a bug affecting email signatures for Act mail component. Bug was verified by support and sent to the dev team. I continue to followup for 6 months, but no fix is available.

Bug is present on your own demo APFW server.

Errors:
Script language=javascript
Signaturesarray[0] = new signature “none”
More unreadable stuff…. Can’t scroll to see it all

Act version is 15.1.109.0 (same as your server reports), running on Server03 (fully patched).

To view bug:
Open apfw
Tools/prefs/email
Act email setup
Enter some dummy info, enough to make an account
Enter a signature, anything, even 1 character
Save
Go back and view the email account now
Notice all the errors (they go away if you remove the signature)

And no, it doesn’t function properly despite the errors.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: APFW email signatures corrupt

[ Edited ]

Hello Jeff,
To give you an update, this issue has been reported fixed in ACT! 2014, which is currently entering the Beta testing phase. We are currently evaluating it for a possible hot fix solution in ACT! 2013.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

I've got several dozen people that have been waiting for a fix since Dec 2012. We even had to get your CEO involved to try and get this resolved. I hope a fix is issued quickly.

Platinum Elite Contributor

We'll provide an update when more information regarding a solution is available.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Figured I would follow up.

After a hand-written letter was snail-mailed to your CEO and COO, we received a fix within a month by a gentleman that was _very_ motivated to see this issue resolved.

Copper Contributor

Amazing what a hand written snail mail to your ceo and coo will do. we had a fix within a month.