Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

APFW and .NET runtime errors

APFW and .NET runtime errors

[ Edited ]

I have been running APFW 11 for about three months now and I have had a plethora of runtime errors.  Here is an example from the error log:

MESSAGE: The file '/APFW/Calendars/default.aspx' does not exist.                         FORM:                                  QUERYSTRING: error=true                                 TARGETSITE: Void CheckVirtualFileExists(System.Web.VirtualPath)                         STACKTRACE:    at System.Web.UI.Util.CheckVirtualFileExists(VirtualPath virtualPath)                        at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile)        at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile)    at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVirtualPathObjectFactory(VirtualPath virtualPath, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert)          at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert)      at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandlerHelper(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath)              at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.System.Web.IHttpHandlerFactory2.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath)        at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig)            at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()                  at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)                

REFERER: http://website/APFW/Calendars/EmbeddedCalendarView.aspx

OK... here we have an aspx page - EmbeddedCalendarView.aspx - trying to call the default.aspx page in the calendars folder.  It says that the file is not there.  Well we all know the file is there.  What is happening to cause this?  The users are suffering because they are trying to use the calendar they way it is meant to be used and this kind of stuff happens.  My users are losing confidence with this product and have almost concluded that it is unreliable.  

This is not an isoslated error.  I have a log file full of them.  If anyone can give me some insight into what is going on here, I would certainly appreciate it.  

John Criswell  

Content edit.  Removed web address.

Message Edited by dlunceford on 12-03-2008 09:52 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: APFW and .NET runtime errors

When exactly does this error occur...what are they clicking that prompts the error?  Does the same thing if you log into the Demo database (ACT11Demo) via the web?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I am not the user.  I am the administrator and I see all of the errors in my application log that AFW has generated.  I copied the text of this partifular error from the ACT error into the message above so that you could see what is going on.

It happens almost anywhere and at anytime.  In this particular instance the user was probably requesting the default.aspx page from the calendars folder as I described above.  They could have been doing anything and clicked on the calendars button on the left menu.  I don't really know.  The calendar page failed to render and a .NET occurred.  

Yes, this happens in the Demo database as well. 

Hi a couple of suggestions.

You say the aspx files mentioned in the error exist. Assuming they do exist then I can only assume two things:

1. The files have become damaged for some reason.

2. The windows impersonation user (used in Tools -> Website Administration) does not have the required permissions to C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT For Web\APFW

Suggestions:

- Locate the APFW directory on the CD and overwrite the one mentioned above.

- after doing so, check the properties for the folder ensuring read-only shows a clear white box.

- It may also be helpful to add the user 'Everyone' with Full control to the security for the APFW folder whilst troubleshooting.

- Perhaps clear Internet Explorer history on the client machines.

Kind regards,

Alex