Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

APFW 2013 updates & hotfixes - confused - help please!

APFW 2013 updates & hotfixes - confused - help please!

I am trying to get my APFW installatio updated to hopefully fix some issues and the update process is completely confusing!!

I finally located and downloaded SP 1 but when it started installing, it said it was going to uninstall ACT!!  I cancelled and started over, thinking I must have done something wrong...

In APFW I tried the update feature, but it said I was up to date (impossible, unless it has been doing updates automatically?)

I searched help to try to find out if SP1 is already installed (it is not mentioned in the Help > About) or if any of the hotfixes are installed - no luck.

Is there documentation hidden somewhere about the update and hotfix process?

Re: APFW 2013 updates & hotfixes - confused - help please!

Ok I did find that I have auto updates selected, but how can I tell if I have SP1?

And what about hotfixes? 

I must be missing something, because one of the issues I'm having is that ACT isn't liking any of the new browsers - it won't work AT ALL in newer versions of IE

Ok, if nobody can answer my other questions, hopefully someone can answer this one - it's most crucial :

Trying to install Service Pack 1 for APFW 2013 - during installation, it says it is going to UNINSTALL ACT.   I have not proceeded beyond this point because this scares me - is it really going to uninstall ACT?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Yes, because it is going to install the updated version of the ACT! program.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thank you for answering!

Since it is uninstalling and reinstalling, will I need to do anything else to make sure it is still accessible via the web after reinstalling (ie - add or change permissions on the server, or add or change anything in IIS).  I hope not, because I don't remember how I did this (but I do remember being really stressed out over it)

Bronze Elite Contributor

It also might be that you already have ACT SP1 which would have installed via auto update.

In ACT go to Help - About ACT. It will have a reference to the version there. If says ACT 15.0.123 or similar it is not patched

If it has been patched it will look something like this "Sage ACT! Premium (Web) 2013 Version 15.1.108.0, Hot Fix 4"

Hot fix 4 is the last update to ACT 2013 SP1 which you cam apply once SP1 is installed.