Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

APFW 2013: error: Thread was being aborted.

Copper Contributor

APFW 2013: error: Thread was being aborted.

This is a recent error that started happening with just one user in a specific database (there are several users in this database, but only this one user exhibits this error, regardless of the computer that is used to login).  We use APFW 2013, access via browser (version 15.1.108.0, Hot Fix 1).

When clicking on a contact to view details in monthly or daily calendar view (or even just searching for the contact), the web session errors out with the following displayed on the APFW main login screen ('An error has occurred on the server and has been logged. Please contact your administrator if this problem persists.') When looking at the details on the Act server, I see a few error messages in the Event Viewed, as follows:

1:Error occured on page: Act.Web MessageSmiley Surprisedbject reference not set to an instance of an object.

SOURCE: Act.Web
MESSAGE: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

1:Error occured on page: __Page Message:Error: 

And then three is an ASP.NET error in the event log as well when this happens, as follows:

Event code: 4005
Event message: Forms authentication failed for the request. Reason: The ticket supplied has expired.
Event time: 2/12/2013 11:43:11 AM
Event time (UTC): 2/12/2013 5:43:11 PM
Event ID: e223bd73dff64e9ea7c06c7b0b3612a1
Event sequence: 703
Event occurrence: 45
Event detail code: 50202

Application information:
Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/Root/APFW-1-130051601838360763
Trust level: Full
Application Virtual Path: /APFW
Application Path: D:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Web\APFW\

This only occurs with this one user (happens to be me), and only via the browser access.  If I use a fat client to access Act, this is not a problem.  I cannot figure out the issue.  It is very troublesome, as I cannot work via the browser access anymore.  Nothing has changed with the setup, versions, firewalls, IIS, browsers, etc.

Please advise if you have seen this before.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: APFW 2013: error: Thread was being aborted.

While I haven't seen this particular issue before - as you've described it, it is definitely a user specific issue.  It may be that the preferences for you web user sessions need to be reset.  Here is an article with instructions to locate the web preferences: KB Article 19757

Note: Web preferences are serialized and it is very hard to determine the user to which they are associated.  Generally, all of the preference files will need to be deleted.  You may be able to determine the files by changing a setting in the web view and check the modified date on the files.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

thanks. i deleted the preference files and this fixed the problem.

Platinum Super Contributor

Glad to know it has been resolved. Thank you for posting the update!
Greg Martin
Sage