Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

APFW 2013 - Timestamp on Create Date and Modify Date

APFW 2013 - Timestamp on Create Date and Modify Date

I'm trying to get the timestamp on the create date and/or the modify date. It must be stored somewhere but I can only find the date, not the time. Any ideas? I REALLY need this!
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: APFW 2013 - Timestamp on Create Date and Modify Date

Hello ksechrist,
I don't believe there is a way to view it on the screen, but if you add the Create Date field to an ACT! report, it will display both the date and time on the report.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Nickel Super Contributor

Or add the field to the list view and export to Excel?

Rita Kogstad
RKA Associates
Stamford, CT

I believe you would need to use the File > Export option to display the time, not Export to Excel from the List view.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I ended up exporting to get the timestamp I was looking for. I'm sorry I cannot mark that as the answer though, because I want to see this on screen - I shouldn't have to export and/or run a report to get this. I also want to make this info available to my users - in some cases, the time is VERY important. The easiest way to make it available to the users would be to include it in the layout - but you guys are telling me that's not possible??? The reports option might have worked, but I'm having fits with reports. I added the create date to the Contact Report then ran it and the report was empty. Nothing. This happens a lot with reports. We've been using APFW 2013 for a few months now and I have to say I am severely underwhelmed with it's abilities.

What specific types records are you trying to get the create date/time for?

Greig Hollister

I need this on contact records.

[ Edited ]

The only way I can think of to do this is to create a new Date/Time field, then use the Edit > Copy menu option to copy the data from the Create Date field to the new Date/Time field. This will only work with primary records (contact, company, group, opportunity) and would have to be done regularly to update. In addition, this would have to be done via the installed ACT! application, as the Edit > Copy option is not availble in the web client.

Greig Hollister