Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

APFW 2011 Error when Accessing History Tab

Copper Contributor

APFW 2011 Error when Accessing History Tab

We just upgraded to ACT! Premium for Web 2011 with SP1 & Hot Fix 4.  When anyone tries to access the History tab, they are kicked out and receive this error. - An error has occurred on the server and has been logged. Please contact your administrator if this problem persists. We never experienced this problem in our 2010 version.  Does anyone know how we can correct it?

Silver Contributor

Re: APFW 2011 Error when Accessing History Tab

check for browser compatibility, Add the site to your trusted sites.  My guess is they are using an unsupported browser (Internet Explorer v9 is NOT supported in your version of ACT, that is my suspicion)

We have not at all seen this behavior with supported browsers.

If this doesn't work, you you want to contact me directly, I can provide an alternate server for your to log in and test.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

I have an issue similar to this but instead of the History tab its accessing the Contacts.  When I go to access any contact in ACT it will kick me out and give me the same error.  Any ideas?  Were you able to fix this particular issue?

Thanks!

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Reginald,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

This will occur if you are running ACT! 2011 and have upgraded to Internet Explorer 9.  Currently the only resolution is to revert back to Internet Explorer 8 (or update to ACT! 2012).

Greg Martin
Sage

Thanks for the warm welcome Greg!  I've tried logging in using IE 7-8 on different PCs and am still getting the same issue.  I had a few of my peers try the same thing and they do not have any issues.  Are there any other possibilities that may be causing this issue?  Thanks again!

Platinum Super Contributor

Since you have tested with different computers with the same result, and other users are not experiencing the issue - it would appear to be an issue with your ACT! username.  

The following steps will need to be done on the database server/host machine by an ACT! Administrator level user.

The first thing to try is running database maintenance.  Sign into the ACT! program/database and go to Tools > Database Maintenance > Check and Repair.

You'll also want to test signing into the database through the installed program, to see if it is successful.

If that doesn't resolve it, the next step would be to delete your web user preference files (on the server).  Following is an article with location of web preferences, the preference files can be deleted - generally speaking you will have to delete all of the user's preferences (it is very hard to determine which file is for a specific user).  The only affect will be that they have to set up all their options again.  KB Article 19757

If those options do not work, you may need to create a new username for yourself...

Greg Martin
Sage