Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

APFW 2010 hang's after inactivity.

APFW 2010 hang's after inactivity.

Good Morning,

The Problem - Try to connect to APFW from IE/Firefox/etc. and you sit there waiting for a response from the server.

We've had this issue the last few weeks (really since we got ACT!).  We're using ACT! Premium for Web 2010.  After a certain amount of inactivity it seems like the ACT Database will stop responding.  An 'iisreset' will fix the problem, but I cannot manually go onto the server and reset iis every time this happens, especially during business hours.  I've looked through IIS, ACT!, and SQL Server Express to see if there is something that is not configured properly and I've found nothing.  Sorry that's all the information I have.  Any help would be appreciated.

Ernie

PS. I'm really trying to avoid an Uninstall/Reinstall ACT! since I've already had to do this twice to fix other issues. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: APFW 2010 hang's after inactivity.

On the web server in ACT! for Web, if you go to Tools/Website Adminstration and look under the Options tab, what is the session timeout setting? You can try decreasing that setting to maybe 20 or 30 minutes to start with.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

This is probably similar to the problem that I posted at http://community.act.com/sage/board/message?board.id=Prem&thread.id=13254.  Still have not resolved that problem, although restarting IIS about every two hours (very annoying!!!) does the trick.

What happens if you iisreset and someone is logged in using it at the time?  I current have IIS scheduled to reset at the 3 low periods during the day, but there is a 6 and 4 hr block where I'm hesitant to add another reset.
Copper Contributor

We use only the web version, accessed via web browser, so if you do an iisreset while someone is logged in, nothing noticable happens to the users.  The next click on their web page just seems to access everything correctly.  Probably works differently if you access via an installed client, though.

Ok thanks.  I'm the only one that has access to the client, everyone else uses web.  I feel more comfortable scheduling a few more resets during the day while I look for a better solution.