Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

APFW 2010 - Outlook Integration Error

Copper Contributor

APFW 2010 - Outlook Integration Error

I tried to setup Outlook Integration, but no success.  I have Outlook 2003, and did the setup via Tools | Preferences | Email, downloaded the setup file, installed.  The APFW.Outlook.Service.exe service is running, but I get the following error when starting Outlook:

"The Act! Premium for Web address book service cannot be accessed.  The username or password may be incorrect, or the database may have changed locations.  Do you want to reconfigure it now?"

When I click on Yes to reconfigure, I am taken to the configuration box.  The Web Services address correctly points to the URL of my installation (which I also access via a browser without problems).  The database selected is correct, as is the username.  THe password is blank.  When I try to type in the correct password, I receive the following error:

"System.Web.Services.Protocals.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. --->

System.IO.FileLoadException: Loading this assembly would produce a different grant set from other instances.

(Exception from HRESULT:080131401)

at APFWHistroyService.TestLogOn(String& error, String info)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---"

What can I do about this?  The integration function is a very important feature for us.

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: APFW 2010 - Outlook Integration Error

mishawaka

So you configured Outlook Integration on your Web Client machine that has Outlook 2003 installed and configured or did you do this on the actual Web Server?

thanks 

Matthew McFadden
Copper Contributor

On web client machine w/ Outlook 2003 already installed and configured.  Is there something extra that needs to be done on the server computer?
Nickel Elite Contributor

On your Web Client machine with Outlook installed, if you go into Add/Remove Programs via Control Panel, do you see a line entry for the Outlook Integration piece for ACT! Premium for Web 2010 ?

Also, if you do have this line entry( or similar, I don't have the exact name handy), if you invoke Detect / Repair in the Outlook Client via Help|About, does that have any affect on the behavior?

thanks 

Matthew McFadden
Copper Contributor

Yes, in Control Panel, there is an entry for 'Act! Premium for Web Outlook Integration'.  With respect to Detect/Repair in Outlook client, tried it, but same problem.

What else might you suggest?

Nickel Elite Contributor

Could you try this for me.

Uninstall the ACT! Outlook Web component from the machine.

Next invoke the Detect & Repair functionality in your Outlook application.

Download and install the ACT! Web Outlook Integration component again from your ACT! Web Server.

Repeat your procedure to see if the issue continues.

thanks 

Matthew McFadden
Copper Contributor

Followed your instructions, and same thing happens.  What next?
Nickel Elite Contributor

So I reviewed the original error message and incorrectly had you focus on the Web Client, the error is actually being returned by the Web Server in terms of accessing data.  I apologize for that.

What is the Web Server operating system including bit version(32 v. 64bit)  and service pack level? 

Also, invoking Help|About on the Web Server via the ACT! application on the server, what is the version indicated?

thanks 

Matthew McFadden
Copper Contributor

Server is Windows 2003 Server RC2 Standard Edition (32bit), SP2.

Act is ACT! by Sage Premium for Web 2010 Version 12.0.409.0, Hotfix 1

Nickel Elite Contributor

Could you simply restart the IIS Service on the server hosting ACT! Premium for Web (or reboot the machine), then try your scenario for me once again?

thanks

Matthew McFadden