Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

APFW 2009 Outllok Integration Errors with ACT! Premium for Web

Tuned Listener

APFW 2009 Outllok Integration Errors with ACT! Premium for Web

I continue to see several posts regarding user at the client computers not being able to properly install and execute Outlook Integration for ACT! Premium for WebI have spent several days now reviewing instructions, user community articles, and I am not sure this issue has been resolved sufficiently.

Currently, I have ACT! Premium for Web installed and operating on a WIndows 2008 serverUsers outside the network can access the website and login successfullyMany of the users have Outlook 2007 on their client Vista OS computersThey login to the website and download the Outlook Integration softwareThe address to access the server is configured properly.

Upon restarting Outlook 2007, the following message is given:

The ACT! Premium for Web address book service cannot be accessedThe username or password may be incorrect, or the database may have changed locationsDo you want to reconfigure it now?

The users are not ever able to move beyond this errorThe user selects that they wish to reconfigure it now as asked, and nothing happens at all.

This error is seen in many user community posts.

I can tell you this, the ACT! Premium Web Address book is shown in the Address Books of the Account Settings for OutlookYou cannot change this though in anyway

I am stumpedUninstalling of the ACT! 2009 Premium for Web software on the server and reinstalling has not solved the issue as one has suggestedThe version I am currently using is version 11.1.183.0, Hotfix 1

Can anyone shed some light on this with their experience with this or aid me in any way with solving this problem.

As one user stated to me, without this function, the ACT! Premium for Web software is virtually useless.

Thanks so much.

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: APFW 2009 Outllok Integration Errors with ACT! Premium for Web

vspecialties,

Could you please try something for us, specifically on your Vista client machines.

1) Exit ACT and uninstall the Outlook Integration component from your Vista affected machine(s). 

2) Download the Outlook Integration Web component on your machine, saving the file to the desktop.

3) Once downloaded, right mouse click on the file and use the "Run as Administrator" option to install the piece

4) Configure as necessary.

5) Retry the scenario and post your results.

I am suspcious of the User Access Control (UAC) somehow interfering with the setup and writing of the preference responsible for keeping the configuration.

thanks

Matthew McFadden
Tuned Listener

Matthew,

I followed your suggestions exactly.  The UAC was off on the Vista Client Machine.  I followed as follows:

1) Exit ACT and uninstall the Outlook Integration component from your Vista affected machine(s). 

2) Download the Outlook Integration Web component on your machine, saving the file to the desktop.

3) Once downloaded, right mouse click on the file and use the "Run as Administrator" option to install the piece

4) Configure as necessary.

5) Retry the scenario and post your results.

The results were the same.

Thanks,

John

I have a similar situation and would like to see the solution before I reinstall ACT Premium for Web myself.

Thanks,

Pat

Nickel Elite Contributor

patkelly,

If you create a new database, are you able to connect via Outlook to the newly created database?

Unfortunately, there are many different items that can attribute to the message that you are encountering.  To get you going as quickly as possible, I am recommending that you contact support for further investigation on this item.

Here is the contact information:

http://www.act.com/company/contactus/

thanks

Matthew McFadden
Copper Contributor

Someone needs to issue a broad FAQ to this, as there are several threads that deal with this same issue.  No need to re-install.  Just restart IIS on the server machine that hosts the Act database, then re-configure the Outlook Integration connection via Outlook, and it should work fine (at least it did for me).
Nickel Elite Contributor

mishawaka,

Thanks for your suggestion, there is a knowledgebase article in the works for this issue, so look for that soon.

if you wouldn't mind, could you mark this thread as resolved?

thanks

Matthew McFadden