Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

APFW - 2007 - Unable to test your web server

Copper Super Contributor

APFW - 2007 - Unable to test your web server

Hi All, we're running APFW 2007, and Im currently encountering an odd error.  When I go to Web Site Administration, within the web server tab it states that I have an error.  When I click the "Test" button, I receive the following message:

ACT! Premium for Web was unable to test your web server due to the following error: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Object[]' to type 'System.String'.

The problem here is that ACT is still currently available to the web, its just that I cannot expose any new databases to the web because of this error.  Does anyone have any ideas on what to check for?

thanks,

Eric

Nickel Contributor

Re: APFW - 2007 - Unable to test your web server

Holding down ctrl will allow you to click over to the next tab and bypass the error.
Copper Super Contributor

Thanks, thats a nice trick to know.. but any idea what would be causing this error?  Atleast I can work around, but still would be nice to resolve it altogether.
Nickel Contributor

From the looks of the error it's a asp.net issue, it's attempting to cast an arraylist as another object and failing, from my research looks like an issue with the initialization statement. Reinstalling ASP.net might resolve it.

Copper Super Contributor

We're due to upgrade ACT in the near future anyway, so that sounds as good a time as any to re-install asp.net.  Thanks for the help