Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

APFW 17 logging out in minutes

Copper Contributor

APFW 17 logging out in minutes

I have a user who is being logged out of APFW in a matter of minutes. I confirmed she is not exiting the web browser. This happens most often when going to Outlook to send an e-mail, when she goes back to the browser she is logged out. She is using IE11. I checked setting there and do not see why she should be logged out, and the web server is set to an 8 hour inactive log out. It seems to happen at random and is not tied to any particular record or set of records.

Any ideas?

Administrator

Re: APFW 17 logging out in minutes

Hi mjmcpe,

There are two places where timeouts are set.

Has the 8 hour inactivity period been set in IIS? The following Knowledgebase article has more details on this: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25630

What is the session timeout set to on the server in Act under Tools > Web Site Administration?

Act!_2016-05-17_15-35-27.png

This menu option may not be available unless you are running Act as administrator.

Copper Contributor

It is set to 8 hours in Web site Administration.

I do not believe it is a server side issue because almost all employees used APFW and no one else has reported this problem.

Administrator

In that case, I would suggest clearing that particular users web preferences. These can be found in:

C:\Users\<impersonation_account_user_name>\App Data\Roaming\ACT\Act for Web\Preferences\userpreferences\<server_name>\<database_name>\<serialized_web_user_name>

Figuring out which folder is the user with the issue can be done by asking all user to log off, moving all the user folders out of this directory, having the affected user log back in, and check which folder is recreated. Then move the all remaining folders back into this directory, except for the one affected user.