Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

AFWP - Default Font

Copper Contributor

AFWP - Default Font

How do I set the default font for notes/activity history? I set it for the remote database but does that transfer back to the master database so that all users use that default font and size? Until now, I've been changing the font each time I go to enter my notes.

Thanks

Administrator

Re: AFWP - Default Font

Hi Jag,

You mention remote and master databases, are these desktop installations? You can set the default font for notes and history records in Tools > Preferences > Colors & Fonts. Changes made to these preferences are machine specific and, for example, will not sync from remote to master database.

The font preferences are split between the tab view, and the new record composition window view:

• History Tab - This option changes the font size the text is displayed in the list of history records.
  • History Detail Composition - This option sets the default font that is selected for the details text area when new history records are created.

Font preferences are not currently reflected in Act Premium for Web. There are not currently any preferences for changing the font options in Act Premium for Web.

Copper Contributor

Are default fonts used in the genrating of reports? For example, if a contact record has two history items entered and each one used different fonts, does the History Report show two fonts or does it streamline the report into one consistent font?

Is setting default fonts for APFW in the cards? I hate having to change the font each time I add a new history entry.
Administrator

The font that was selected when the history record was written, will be the font that the record is displayed with, in the note preview, and in generated reports.

I would suggest submitting an idea to our Share Your Ideas if you would like to see more control over fonts in APFW in the future.

Copper Contributor

Hi Gary, Is there a way of changing the font on mass for all previous notes entered?
Administrator

Hi Jag,

It's not possible to do this in the Act software on mass, only for individual notes, one at a time.
It could likely be achieved by editing the database directly, by running a custom script in SQL Management Studio. This is not something that Swiftpage support, but many ACC's can offer assistance.