Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACt! 2009 Premium Upgrade from Act! 2008 Premium cannot open original database

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACt! 2009 Premium Upgrade from Act! 2008 Premium cannot open original database

[ Edited ]
I backed up my original database in Act! 2008 Premium before upgrading to Act! 2009 Premium.After upgrading and updating Act! 2009 to the latest build, I tried to restore my database, but I was forced to use 'restore as'. The data base DID restore properly without error. 

When I try to open the database, it asks for a username and password even though the database is not password protected.

After searching this board, I learned how to use 'actdiag' to detach the database. I even tried repair and reindexing of the database. Each time I detach the database, I get the following error instead of the username/password pop-up:

error pop-up

I get the same results on all of the computers I have upgraded and I have tested several other databases and get the same results each time.

The sample database that came with Act! 2009 is the only one that can be opened after it is updated by Act! 2009 to be compatible with the latest build.

I don't know what else to try.

Message Edited by jeffshead on 04-08-2009 05:14 AM

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jeffshead
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: ACt! 2009 Premium Upgrade from Act! 2008 Premium cannot open original database

[ Edited ]

Got it!

I tried every username I could think of accept for 'first name space last name'.

Thanks Brad.

Message Edited by jeffshead on 04-08-2009 06:09 AM

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Super Contributor

Re: ACt! 2009 Premium Upgrade from Act! 2008 Premium cannot open original database

You need to login to the restored database to complete the upgrade and attach it to the SQL server, If there was no password just supply the user name.
Brad Marquardt
realtimeACT, Inc
Colorado, USA
Solution
Accepted by topic author jeffshead
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Got it!

I tried every username I could think of accept for 'first name space last name'.

Thanks Brad.

Message Edited by jeffshead on 04-08-2009 06:09 AM
Copper Super Contributor

"There's something else going on here."

Maybe, but for the moment forget ACTDIAG, what exactly happens when you try to open the restored database?

Brad Marquardt
realtimeACT, Inc
Colorado, USA