Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACTs customer service in Australia abysmal

Copper Contributor

ACTs customer service in Australia abysmal

[ Edited ]

Typically I am not one to gripe but I have found ACTs customer service abysmal at best. In any future CRM implementations I will definitely seek a program that offers better customer support. This forum and the knowledge database has been great and the only support, I don’t know what I would have done without it.

We are based in New Zealand and therefore the US customer support will not help passing me on to the Australasian office who simply do not reply to emails. This is the second time I have been waiting two weeks or more for a reply.

How have others found the customer support?

Message Edited by dlunceford on 01-28-2009 10:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: ACTs customer service abysmal

Here is the link for support from Sage Australia http://www.sagebusiness.com.au/pg-ACT-Support.seo. Here is the info from the web site: For customers who do not wish to pay for an STD or International call and instead be charged at a flat rate, please call the pay per issue line on the following free call numbers: 1300 724 327 (Australia) or 0800 775 617 (New Zealand).

Have you considered contacting a local ACT! Consultant? There are some located in New Zealand. 

Here is the link for ACT! Consultants in your area: http://www.sagebusiness.com.au/pg-Sage-ACT-Partners.seo

Regards
Neil Gilford
ACT! Certified Consultant
Gilford Computer Solutions
neil@gilford.com.au
Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with you Skeates...

As Neil suggested, your best solution is usually to speak to a local ACT! Consultant.

Message Edited by AJones on 01-28-2009 08:16 PM
Copper Contributor

Thanks Mike, Your knowledge and posts have been very helpful as I have searched this forum. I like ACT as a CRM and know that any large database program is going to have issues, but the thing that gets me is that the last issue I had was a known error that was remedied with a hot fix. Yet the response to my query from the support office was 'you are out of warranty support, all support will be fee-based' despite it being a known ACT problem.  In the end it was an ACT! Consultant that identified the problem.

Now again I am getting the same response from the Australasian ACT office and it took me three emails just to get that response.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Our experience in the Australia/NZ region as ACC is that support out of Australia is not as useful as it could be if better resourced. That is about as much as I can say, I hardly contact them.  

ACT! suffers from the success of ACT! 6.0 and prior. When ACT! 2005 was released, the need for support dramatically increased. ACT! was no longer a relatively simple database product that it had been. However what was significant was thet neither the support or the sales process of offering free trial software didn't change on moving to the new product. The name stayed the same, but with the release of ACT! 2005, ACT! had become an an entirely different and much more complex product 'under the hood'. Same look and feel as its predecessors, but introduced was a massive change, new product, new procedures, virtually nothing was the same in a support sense. Dealing with .Net 1.0, MS SQL ( ACT! 6.0 was codebase), new sync procedures, data import that was hugely problematic etc etc.  

ACT! 2005 was problematic from day one, the impact of that, compounded by the issue of free trial CDs was huge on a phone support infrastructure that was already over taxed and used to a much more predictable but well tried and tested ACT! 6.0. In my view support has never recovered from that time. 

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Copper Contributor

There seems to be a lot of editing being done in this thread?

skeates,

The content of your post was not edited, only the title.  Mike's post has been edited and already contacted.

Copper Contributor

I somewhat agree, the knowledge base and the forums is where I get all my answers. I never had any luck calling tech support for anything. We decided to even stop buying the support because with a little time and research we find all the answer eventually thru the knowledge base or forums.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Sage US support have pretty good guys, especially for the 3rd level and database services issues.

For most support questions, you're best off using the KB and forums if you're comfortable with that or, for more skilled and personalised help, contracting an ACT! Certified Consultant.

The ACCs will involve their peers or the better support staff for issues they need assistance with, something I've found the regional support staff (at least in Australia) are reluctant to do.