02-09-2017 03:31 PM
The report exported even from Demo2017 ACT! V19.Update4 should not save as CSV (Comma Delimited) for example the Physical Column section for DECIMAL type in all Tables.
Run ACTDIAG Database Reports on any or Demo DB and check boxes, Field List to CSV, and Field Detail (just to see what I noticed).
Then open the CSV with EXCEL and go to any field (row) that is DECIMAL type. You'll see in a few columns the data is shifted to right or blank column.
The REPORT should be saved as TXT (TAB Delimited) because the Field type Decimal numbers for Left/Right placement of separator has a comma (8,2).
Physical Column: CUST_SRVC_Price_034627398 Act! Field: SRVC_Price
Physical Datatype DECIMAL(8,2) Act! Fieldtype: Currency(8,2)
Custom: True Ordinal: 150 Displayed: True
Define Fields: True Created On/By: 09/09/2010 03:45:59 PM James Metcalf
OLE/DB Column: SRVC_Price OLEDB2 Column: SRVC_Price Alias: SRVC_Price
Allow Blanks: True Primary: False Record History: False
Protected: False Can Resize: False Can Delete: True
|Table Display:||Physical Column:||Act! Fieldtype:||Column Name:||Column Displayname||OLEDB2 Column:||Alias:|
|Product Service||DECIMAL(19||10)||UNITDISCOUNT||Discount||02/16/2010 19:10||ACT! System|
|Product Service||DECIMAL(23||8)||DISCOUNTPRICE||Adjusted Price||02/16/2010 19:10||ACT! System|
It's not a biggie now that what I thought was a problem in the integrity of my working DB, is not. Actually figured it out looking at the Field Detail report.
02-10-2017 05:31 AM
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'm able to replicate this issue, and will pass it over to our Product Management team for review.
02-15-2017 02:13 PM
Great I happen to be checking on Posts and just noticed your reply. Not sure why I did not get email notification so I'll check my Spam folder and email address in my profile.
BTW Support could not fix a (related to my e-marketing Profile fields Country and State issue) Pending task in Smart Task sending out an email campaign. I uploaded to database Dept. Repair Feb 2nd 2017 and got call back other day from J.S. Rather than having to rebuild my DB from ground up. He was able to review DB condition, and my assumption the issue could be seen in Detail Field Report. Solution was not fix the two fields Display name or Physical Name, but swap what the Picklists are. That way in e-marketing account Profile the correct Picklist for Country and State will appear. I create a new Post about this to suggest preventive measure not to touch or rob those fields. If by accident you do, how to undo it without heart ache I went through this month.