Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT6 to 2010 "Conversion has been halted with the following message. Value cannot be NULL Parameter Name: file" help please.

Avid Listener

ACT6 to 2010 "Conversion has been halted with the following message. Value cannot be NULL Parameter Name: file" help please.

Hello,

Ive just been testing an ACT6 to 2010 conversion. 

Now when I setup the conversion  I first tried it with "CONVERT ATTACHMENTS" and the database converted and pull all linked or attached attachments to contact records into the attachments folder and it worked ok.  However that screws up our file structure as we have all this residing on a mapped drive and each user has there own folder for documents,

When I tried  the conversion with the other option using "SHORTCUTS" only option that is when I get the error.

"Conversion has been halted with the following message. Value cannot be NULL Parameter Name: file"

This was right after it was converting histories and notes.

I saw a  note about this in the knowlegebase but it doesnt really apply to what Im doing.  It states about converting  databases TO 6.

Can anyone  please make some recomendatoins on  getting around this.   It would be optimal for us to retain our file structure.  This is the last hurdle we have hit before deciding on a full integration

Thanks

-Paul

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT6 to 2010 "Conversion has been halted with the following message. Value cannot be NULL Parameter Name: file" help please.