Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT2013 ICONS are not displayed on Top Line Contacts View.

Tuned Listener

ACT2013 ICONS are not displayed on Top Line Contacts View.

Hi,

I am working in ACT2013 Premium in WIndows XP Professional, and I recently did an update I believe it was just over a week ago.

I only noticed this today that My ICONS on the { SAGE ACT! } --  On the same line across for example shows the text, -- Back, Forward, Call, Meeting, To-Do etc. no longer have the Icons displaying as they did in the past and the box for each only displays text for each. However, for some reason the " NEW " icon for new contact does display the Icon as well as text.

I haven't noticed any other changes as yet but this one does stand out and was wondering if anyone else has noted this. I checked the other posts and didn't see one so I am asking you if there is a way to correct this.

Glen Ueberschalg

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT2013 ICONS are not displayed on Top Line Contacts View.

Glen,

To verify: this is affecting the normal icons, not just icons for customized commands you may have added - is that correct?  I've heard of custom command icons having an issue, but not the normal icons. 

Try resetting them: Click Tools > select Customize > select Reset Menus and Toolbars.

Greg Martin
Sage
Tuned Listener

Hi Greg,

It was the regular Icons but I just did the Customize, Reset Icons as you suggested and all is back to normal.

Thanks,

Glen

Glad to hear it's back to normal! Thanks for the update.
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

This procedure only works if you are using the client version of Act.  I updated my IE browser to 10.0, and this caused the top icons to not display in APFW 2013 (that is, the web version).  There is no customize, reset toolbars option for this.  What do we do in this case to allow the icons to be displayed?

Mishawaka,

Try setting the database web page to run in 'compatibility view'. To do this:

- open the database in IE

- click the IE Tools menu > select Compatibility View

- set it to IE9 (or IE8)

- close/reopen IE

- access database to test

If that does not resolve the issue, you may need to rebuild the web preference files.  Here is an article with instructions to locate the files on the server: KB Article 19757

- have everyone log out of database

- delete the files

- when users sign back into database the files will be recreated

Greg Martin
Sage