Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT2010 on Windows 7 - No Address Book Type in Outlook 2007

ACT2010 on Windows 7 - No Address Book Type in Outlook 2007

I am using ACT2010 on Windows 7 Ultimate with SQL Server 2008 Express and Outlook 2007.

Everything works fine, except that I do not get any option to add an ACT Address Book. I checked everything what I found that it is correctly installed and set up, Registry settings are correct, etc, nothing in Outlook disabled. I reinstalled Act again, still. When I go in Outlook to the Account Settings => Address Book => New => Additional Address Books, there is no option to select an Act Address Book, though I have set them up in Act. 

I now spent so much time on this, it is very frustrating, as Act is not really usable without the integration.

Any suggestions what else might help? 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT2010 on Windows 7 - No Address Book Type in Outlook 2007

Also - was Outlook installed before ACT!?

It needs to be... if you installed ACT! first, you'll need to uninstall and reinstall it

Thanks for the suggestions, but I have really done this all. So Outlook was installed before, the settings in Regedit to load Add-in are correct, also redemption helper, etc.

Email correctly set up in Act with database and password, etc. Still, I do not see anything from the address books in the Outlook place where they should appear... 

Did you add the ACT! database from the ACT! preferences?

Do you have the ACT! icons in Outlook?

Sorry, from the descriptions you should see that I am not a starter. Of course, I did everything as suggested by Act KB, Help, etc. I spent about 8 hours trying to debug the thing, but nothing seems to help so far. These are my settings in Act: Act Settings.

The problem is, in Outlook I do not see any of the Address Books, they do not appear in the screen where they should:

That is all, I see:

Outlook View

Are they any special registry or other settings for Outlook to make the Address Books appear at all in this view? The Add-in is loaded, the Act.Outlook.Service.exe is running, so what could be the problem?

As said above, I do not believe to have overlooked something completely trivial... though one of course never completely knowsSmiley Sad

[ Edited ]

First remove the address books from ACT! and close ACT!/Outlook.  Then try running the following commands from cmd prompt.  You may need to change the path if you're on 64bit or changed the install directory.

c:
cd C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows
ActOutlookUtils REMOVE
ActOutlookUtils INSTALL

Message Edited by dlunceford on 11-30-2009 11:24 AM

I am having this exact problem. On a Windows & Ultimate machine in Outlook2007 Pro I am unable to add the Act adress book.

What did you do to resolve it?

Nothing really helped, going through the registry, doing uninstalls and reinstalls.

To be frank, I wanted to setup my computer anew anyway, so I did just that, and I was careful to go through it step by step exactly as described.

And fortunately, voila the Add-in worked right away and everything was fine ever since.

So not what you really would like, but that was the only that helped with me.