Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

ACT2009 - Synchronization has failed error

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT2009 - Synchronization has failed error

Ok. You mentioned in an earlier response that you did not see the "syncml_represent_v11_20020215.dtd" file when you looked on the Publisher machine. This would explain why you are getting the error. This file does not need to be on the client machine, only the server. In regards to Windows 7, try disabling or lowering the settings for User Account Control (UAC) on both machines. Instructions are in KB Article 25665. Going by the original error message, the issue seems to be accessing the particular file referenced in the error message. Make sure that file is present on the Publisher machine, and disabling or lowering the settings for UAC should help with access issues. One thing you should keep in mind is that, although we have had very few system related issues, ACT! 2009 is not officially certified for Windows 7.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Thanks for all the help thus far Greig.  I'll try to reinstall ACT network sync on the publisher machine.  It just confused me because the error stated that my PC did not have the file.

UAC is disabled on both machines.

Solution
Accepted by topic author butvinjd
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

That did it.  Had to reinstall Network Sync on the publisher machine.

Thank God man, I really appreciate all of your help today.

Platinum Elite Contributor

My pleasure...glad to hear you got it resolved!

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.