Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT2009 - Synchronization has failed error

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT2009 - Synchronization has failed error

I am a subscriber to a publisher database on my LAN.  Everything was working fine, but I'm having a sync error.

The starting and connecting bar completes just fine, when it moves to Database Modifications, I get the following error in the log:

Synchronization has failed. Server Error Description: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\ACT for Windows\ACT Network Sync\syncml_represent_v11_20020215.dtd'. Contact your administrator for assistance. 

Here is the complete log issue:

======== SYNC SESSION - 4/15/2010 11:33:16 AM ========

[ Info | 4/15/2010 11:33:16 AM ]Message: Sync remote client created.
[ Info | 4/15/2010 11:33:17 AM ]Message: Checking if schema changes are available for sync.
[ Info | 4/15/2010 11:33:19 AM ]Message: Client establishing synchronization with server database: STEVEGRUETTERACT
[ Info | 4/15/2010 11:33:25 AM ]Message: Initial Handshake completed.
[ Info | 4/15/2010 11:33:25 AM ]Message: Checking if data changes are available for sync.
[ Info | 4/15/2010 11:33:31 AM ]Message: Client initialized database send session: 0
[ Info | 4/15/2010 11:33:50 AM ]Message: Client initialized.
[ Error | 4/15/2010 11:33:51 AM ]Message: Client schema sync failed.
[ Error | 4/15/2010 11:33:51 AM ]Message: Synchronization has failed. Server Error Description: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\ACT for Windows\ACT Network Sync\syncml_represent_v11_20020215.dtd'.

Any ideas?  I tried to uninstall and reinstall the network sync service, but it still gave me the same error.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author butvinjd
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT2009 - Synchronization has failed error

That did it.  Had to reinstall Network Sync on the publisher machine.

Thank God man, I really appreciate all of your help today.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello,

On the server, if you browse to the filepath indicated in the error, is the "syncml_represent_v11_20020215.dtd" file present? If not, then check the files for your install media and see if it is there. If it is present, then make sure that full permissions are granted to access that file. If uninstall/reinstall did not help, then the file in the install media may also be damaged, in which case you can download the ACT! 2009 (11.1) Network Sync service via the following Knowledgebase article:

How to Obtain the Latest Version of the Network Sync Service for ACT! by Sage Premium 2009 (11.0)

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Yes, the file is present, which confused me.  I have gone into diagnostics and repaired everything, if that doesn't work, maybe I'll copy the file over from another PC running ACT and replace the current one in the file.
Copper Contributor

Ehh no luck, after the diagnostic and repairing every part of my database, it still gave me the error.

Checked the publisher computer, and that file isn't even in there.

Just for clarification, the Network Sync service should only be installed on the machine hosting the main (Publisher) database. If the service is installed on any client machines, you will need to remove it.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

I uninstalled it on the subscriber machine.  Still gave me the same error.  I'll reboot and check again.
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've uninstalled ACT Network Sync and it's giving me the same error.

I followed the following guide to sync the databases:

How to Setup Network Synchronization in ACT! 

Then when I went to sync, I recieved the above error from the first post.

If Network Sync isn't required, why is the sync looking into that folder?

Message Edited by ghollister on 04-15-2010 02:28 PM
Copper Contributor

So I went in and did the database repairs on the publisher DB using ACTDIAG through a run command.  Still getting the same report and error.

Should I uninstall ACT entirely on the subscriber machine and reinstall it and unpack the remote database again?

I do not think the issue is with the database itself. Are other remote users able to sync to the same Publisher without this error?

Greig Hollister

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm the only remote user.  We have two desktops on the LAN with one having the publisher database and mine having the subscriber.  Not sure why it's doing this.  I completely uninstalled ACT with Revo Uninstaller then cleaned it up with CCleaner.  Put it back on the system, restored the remote database, and hit sync.

Same error.

Both machines are running Windows 7 x64, not sure if that helps.

Message Edited by butvinjd on 04-15-2010 12:31 PM