Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT19 & Google Calendar - Sending Unwanted Invitations To Clients/Prospects

Astute Commentator

ACT19 & Google Calendar - Sending Unwanted Invitations To Clients/Prospects

ACT19 is sending email invitations to my clients and prospects even when I have specifically marked not to send such invitations.  Its actually quite embarrassing since they are getting my reminders to call them well into the future, or follow up on specific items.

I'm noticing the second time I sync I get a second copy of the event which has the following icons DuplicateActivity.PNG"moving email with gold clock" and "alarm clock".  This is in contrast with the original activity which is the "phone" iconOriginalActivity.PNG.

Can anyone help me fix this?

Administrator

Re: ACT19 & Google Calendar - Sending Unwanted Invitations To Clients/Prospects

Hi Sucia,

This can occur when integrating Act! with both Google and Outlook, or with another third party service.

The following Knowledgebase article explains this: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38465

Are you synchronizing your calendar with any other applications?

Astute Commentator

No. I'm just using ACT and Google.  No other apps.

Administrator

Hi Sucia,

Just to clarify, please can you confirm these are the steps you're taking that result in the duplicated activity:

1. You create a new Call (or any other type of) activity
  2. You click Synchronize Calendar with Google
  3. Sync completes and you can confirm the activity appears in your Google Calendar
  4. You click Synchronize Calendar with Google again
  5. Sync completes, and in Act! you now have a duplicate of the recently created Call activity, which has the gold clock icon

A few other questions for you:

1. Please can you check in your Google account for other connected applications. Click here and let us know what appears under 'Apps connected to your account'.
  2. Do you have a copy of the invitation email that was sent to any of your clients or prospects?
  3. Do any of the contacts who have been sent invites have gmail.com email addresses?
  4. Do you have an email system setup under Tools > Preferences > E-mail & Outlook Sync?
Astute Commentator

Thanks Gary.

Process questions - yes your process is correct with one notable difference the duplicated event comes back with "Email plus Clock" icon.

Other questions:

No other connected apps to my Google account.

Yes, I have a copy of a response to an invite. It's the standard invite which would be sent by Google Calendar if I asked for Calendar to send an invite.

Yes, some of them do. I don't know who gets them and who doesn't, since many of the people I scheduled reminders for are prospects and won't likely want to spend time helping me troubleshoot my tech.

Emails system setup... nope. I tried to setup Gmail as my email system, but I can't get it through a test (first it crashed, then I disabled DEP) and now it just won't work. I believe this is due to an SSL issue.

Administrator

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the additional detail Sucia. I'll pass this on to our Product Management team for review.

A couple of additional questions:

1. Have you set a schedule for automatic integration with Google? If so, what interval have you chosen?
  2. In Google calendar, click on one of the events that has been created though the Act! integration, and which you know has sent an invite email to a recipient. Please could you take a screenshot of the edit event page (double click the event in the calendar) and send it to me in a private message.
Astute Commentator

Thanks Gary.  Here's a screenshot. I believe this is a replacement event which is why it shows 'awaiting' a guest reply.  This guest had previously replied.

I've posted the reply below. The previous event shows cancelled due to my efforts to try to work out my calendar and recover/restore dates. Unfortunately, I've had to abandon ACT + Google Calendar at this point since I need to get back to work (even though I'm still working to rebuild all my resources lost during this latest issue.

Appt Screenshot.PNG

invite.PNG

Administrator

Hi Sucia,

If possible, could you please send me an unedited version of the first screenshot privately (so as not to share personal details publicly)? I'm interested in seeing the format of the contact names in the event description field, and in the guest list.