Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT19 & Google Calendar - Deleting Dates in ACT

Astute Commentator

ACT19 & Google Calendar - Deleting Dates in ACT

In another twist on the Google Calendar integration, it seems the integration is creating duplicate events within the Google Calendar, then deleting the event within the ACT calendar.  This seems to be potentially related to events where people are getting invitations, including members of our team.

I know we've seen situations where we receive 'declined' invitations where members of our team don't recall receiving, much less responding to invitations.

Administrator

Re: ACT19 & Google Calendar - Deleting Dates in ACT

Hi Sucia,

A few questions:
Are you synchronizing Act! with both Google and Outlook?
Are you synchronizing your Google calendar with any other software?
Are multiple people synchronizing the same Google account/calendar with Act?
Astute Commentator

Thanks for the questions.

1. Just Google.

2. No other sync with Google aside from using Google calendar on our phones.

3. Multiple people syncing, but not to the same account - each have their own Gmail account.

One thing I am noticing is our events are being duplicated (or converted) from the standard meeting/call with the coffee cup or phone icon to an icon showing an email and clock. The new/duplicated events don't show in the task list.  Very strange behavior.

Astute Commentator

[ Edited ]

Just livid this morning. ACT and Google Integration randomly deleted many events in our calendars. No particular rhyme or reason for this. This happened in ACT 18 and now is happen in ACT 19, despite this supposedly being fixed.

At this point we don't have a reliable way to access calendar data from our phone when we're in the field. This is simply ridiculous.

Copper Contributor

I'm feeling the same PAIN!  I posted this morning about all of our Act! appointments being deleted with OUTLOOK integration so it appears to be happening across both integration methods.

My post included a suggestion that everyone using v19 go look at the three unique (but probably related) problems I've isolated to determine if they have the same things happening.  Then we might be able to create some momentum to get this fixed.

Sad, sad, sad excuse for what was referred to as an "upgrade."