Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT19 & Gmail/Internet Email - SSL an Issue?

Astute Commentator

ACT19 & Gmail/Internet Email - SSL an Issue?

We use Gsuite for our email services and are finding that we cannot get email system setup with ACT 19.  It fails to connect whenever we test it.  I worked through the DEP issue, but nonetheless we still are unable to connect SMTP and POP3.  I'm wondering if this is due to Gmail requiring SSL, and ACT not providing an option to select SSL or non-SSL when setting up email.

Administrator

Re: ACT19 & Gmail/Internet Email - SSL an Issue?

Hi Sucia,

Unfortunately the Internet Mail feature of Act! does not support SSL connections.

Internet Mail is really a legacy feature that is leftover from before Act! was updated to integrate with Microsoft Outlook. This has now become the more popular option for the majority our customers, and is where we concentrate our development efforts for email system integration in Act!.

Do you use Outlook at all in your business?

Astute Commentator

We've moved away from Outlook and over to Gsuite.

How can I use ACT for automating follow up emails if I can't get Internet Mail to work?  I would like to setup strings of emails based on a defined process to stay in touch with new prospects.

Administrator

Hi Sucia,

The sending of template emails though the Write menu in Act! would require that you have Outlook set up as your email system, or have Internet Mail setup with a compatible mailserver.

One alternative would be to use Act! emarketing which is included in Act! v19. This would allow you to send emails to new prospects though campaigns, using templates built in the template editor, or imported as HTML files. These emails would be sent though our mailservers on your behalf.