Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT via web on smart phone

ACT via web on smart phone

How does ACT look when the web version is viewed on a phone such as the Droid or iPhone?  Is it possible to navigate the software on small screens such as these phones have?

Thank you.

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: ACT via web on smart phone

Well, on an iPad I think it'd be viable, on the iPhone it's really, really small - but you can do it.  You'll want to expand the screen, and then have to slide up/down/sideways to really read the info, but if you're looking for something specific, sure.

I have not used it a ton, so don't know if you'd get errors when using the popup windows, or even if all of them work...

p.s. this was with Safari, I could not get Opera to connect (this was internal using an IP address, not a URL)

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com

So I suppose what I would need to do is sync my contacts etc. using 3rd party software so that is easily accessable directly on my phone then only rely on the web when I have to.

Copper Contributor

The IPad uses Safari. Is that supported in Act Premium 2011 Web? if not, is there a work around?

Bronze Contributor

For ACT! 2011, Sage did a browser support swap - they added support for Firefox while dropping support for Safari.

But the Firefox implementation is not completed, so functions like selecting alarms from the alarm list don't work.

Signature

I am considering investing in an iPad but $629 to $829 isn't a small amount as I try to bring my business around to profitability.  Any thoughts on whether having a larger screen than a Droid, iPhone etc. would be amazingly useful out in the field?  I spend about 20 hours a week out talking to Drs in Manhattan and I am spending a good amount of time prepping for these visits before I go (i..e printing out addresses, notes from previous visits, etc.)  Is the process smooth enough that I could just plan my route before I leave then access all notes etc as I go?

Copper Contributor

I am much more productive with the Ipad as opposed to the Blackberry or even the I phone. It is much easier to see and much easier to type. The wireless keyboard is a real plus when you have the room to work.

So you use the wireless keyboard when you have a chance to do something like sit at a Starbucks for a few minutes?

Copper Contributor

No, not Starbucks...............I prefer Dunkin Donuts...:

Nickel Super Contributor

Hi Caroline,

ACT! can be used pretty decently on an iPad via LogMeIn Ignition.  You wouldn't want to spend hours on it, but for pulling up information, adding notes, etc. it works pretty well.

Another ACC and I wrote a couple of blog articles about it:

http://www.yourcrmhero.com/blog/bid/51794/ACT-for-iPad-Cross-Border-Faceoff

Cheers,

Len

Len Kamerman
ACT! Certified Consultant

Act E-mail Marketing Trainining Course:

http://actsoftware.training