Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! v6 upgrade to 2012 History Problem

Bronze Super Contributor

ACT! v6 upgrade to 2012 History Problem

[ Edited ]

I have upgraded a client from v6 to v14 and have found a problem with the History conversion.

If the Regarding field contains more than about 256 characters it duplicates the whole thing into the Details.

The Report on History then shows the first 256 from the Regarding field and then repeats it from the Details field with everything included correctly.

See example attached:

History Report item

(from History Regarding field) AB/MI attend 7s. Clu and pitches built on landfill site and club training pitch is

sagging in places. Club would like to move 1st team pitch to front of clubhouse in

time.Club has seen Duralok at Henley and was impressed. Club situ near estate so

prone to

(from History Detail field) AB/MI attend 7s. Clu and pitches built on landfill site and club training pitch is

sagging in places. Club would like to move 1st team pitch to front of clubhouse in

time.Club has seen Duralok at Henley and was impressed. Club situ near estate so

prone to vandalism-suggested fog bandit.Old posts in need of repair but was told

that they would probably paint them.Club said they liked 'one stop shop'and buy all

from Ram.Everyone impressed with the international ball grip.

Has anyone else seen this when upgrading from v6?

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! v6 upgrade to 2012 History Problem

I've not seen it but it doesn't surprise me. As I recall Details was added as a feature during the run of ACT! 3-6 and results wasn't shortened. Duplicating long resultes would be a way to preserve the longer results.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129