Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT v22 and Outlook emails opening in draft/edit/compose mode

Highlighted

ACT v22 and Outlook emails opening in draft/edit/compose mode

So I'm able to reproduce a strange issue where if I open up emails that were sent to me, they open in an editor as if I had composed them myself.  The reply/forward buttons are missing (since Outlook is treating it as an email I'm writing). The original emails are in the To: and From: fields.  So far I can only reproduce it when the ACT addin is enabled.  I'm using Office 365.  It's only happening for one of our users, but it follows that Outlook profile around no matter which computer they're using it on.

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: ACT v22 and Outlook emails opening in draft/edit/compose mode

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately this is a known bug awaiting a fix. v21.1. Update 1 was OK, it was introduced with update 2 for 21.1.

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Highlighted

Thanks for letting me know!

Highlighted

Hi Andreas,

Do you happen to have a link to another forum post or "known issue" post for this issue?  I looked through the forums and didn't see any other mention of this issue after a cursory look.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Has been reported by me to SPI in July 2019; is listed as GS-1613 (that 's their internal bug number...) and is open. A fix was promised for v22.0, but not done. You won't find references in the "open" part of the community, AFAIK all related posts are in the "ACC-restricted" part.

EDIT; found one: https://community.act.com/t5/Act/act-v21-outlook-2016-attachments-cannot-be-replied-forwarded/m-p/36...

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de