Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT v22 Premium hangs after opening (also closing)

Highlighted

ACT v22 Premium hangs after opening (also closing)

ACT v22 Premium (either Web or non-web version) hangs after opening for about 1 minute or so.  CPU usage goes very high for that time.  It occurs on the server and all workstations.  Once that minute or so passes, all seems fine.  Closing ACT also causes high CPU.  I just upgraded from ACT v21 Premium and never had an issue with it.  The database is locally hosted.  Anyone else experience this?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT v22 Premium hangs after opening (also closing)

Open the PAD for the database instead of the Act! program shorcut. It works much faster and smooth.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Also if start-up is set to the welcome page change it to Contact View

Highlighted

ACT opens to the contact screen and also tried just opening the PAD file.  Still hangs for 60-90 seconds after the Contact screen appears.  ACT is unusable for that time.  Just did an in-place upgrade from v21.  ACT Tech seems to know it an issue but wasn't sure if he was just trying to get me off the phone.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Which Update are you using for v22. My desktop installs were hanging for a while until I applied Update 2.

~PSH

Highlighted

Update 2 is what I have.  

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

How large is the database? Have you tried to create another database to test?  Do you have any experience with the ACTdiags utility?