Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT v19 Bug? "Attach to ACT Contacts" does not work within Outlook Message Window

Copper Contributor

ACT v19 Bug? "Attach to ACT Contacts" does not work within Outlook Message Window

Upgraded to ACT Premium v19, kept Office 2010 32bit installed.

Issue I'm seeing:  From the main Outlook Message list the "Attach to ACT Contacts works fine.

1mainoutlook.JPG

As it's supposed to it pops up a dialog box allowing you to pick one or more contacts in the database to attach the currently selected email to.  It works fine from this button.

If however I have a single email message window open, go to the Add-Ins Ribbon from the message window, and click on the same "Attach to ACT Contacts" button, no dialog box appears and I can not attach the message that is open to any contacts in the database.

This appears to be a bug with the button in the Message window Add-In button. 

Re: ACT v19 Bug? "Attach to ACT Contacts" does not work within Outlook Message Window

Probably Is the version of Outlook that you are on, I know we have had issues with things like this because of Windows 10 and .net

Now our issue is we updated ACT to 17.2 from 17 to stop ACT from crashing because of .net issues with Windows 10 and that stopped the issues, (there was a hotfix but you needed to have 17.2) Now the problem is that ACT for Web will not work and the ACT Webserver is down and they think it's because 17.2 is not compatible with Windows server 2016

Copper Contributor

Re: ACT v19 Bug? "Attach to ACT Contacts" does not work within Outlook Message Window

I should have been clear on the OS as well.

I'm running Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit with Office 2010 32bit.  This is the combination I had previously with ACT v18 and other previous versions.  The problem I'm experiencing now as described in this thread did not exist for me before.

Administrator

Hi vacogroup,

If you're referring to the pop-out window that Outlook displays an email in when double clicking on the email in the preview list, then the Add-ins tab is not expected to be shown in this view. This is true for all versions of Office 2010 and above. Can you confirm that you are able to see the Add-ins tab in this window?

Screenshot of Office 2010 with Act! Integration installed. Add-in tab is not visible in this window.Screenshot of Office 2010 with Act! Integration installed. Add-in tab is not visible in this window.

The Add-ins tab is only visible in the main window of Outlook, where the message list and preview pane can be used.

Copper Contributor

Why is it NOT visible for you???  It's always been visible for me.

Office 2010 32bit on Windows 7 Enterprise.

I open any mail message window in outlook and the Office Add-Ins Ribbon shows the ACT items as below.  The "Attach to ACT! Contacts" button has always previously popped up a dialog box the same way that occurs from the main Outlook screen.  Doing the attachment from the individual mail message has been my preference since this feature was introduced and I used it all the time, until the upgrade last week to v19.

mailmessagetoolbar.JPG