Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT v18 remote database sync error

Copper Contributor

ACT v18 remote database sync error

[ Edited ]

Updated a laptop and the main database both to ACT Premium v18.1

Created a new refreshed copy of the remote database I've always used and expanded it back to my laptop.

The sync from the laptop to the main database is not working and creates the attached error which seems to still reference v17.

How do I correct this?

act18sync.jpg

Copper Contributor

Re: ACT v18 remote database sync error

Solved my own issue....

uninstalled the ACT Network Sync version that came with ACT v17, installed the one that comes with v18.1 and now the sync is working between my main database and the remote database. 

Silver Super Contributor

Looks like Act! didn't install properly.  I would uninstall Act!, delete the Act! for Windows directory under Program Files (x86) and reinstall Act!.  If you have any addons you are using you will need to reinstall them as well.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Silver Super Contributor

That makes sense.  I thought the error you were getting was on the remote.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Copper Contributor

That error was coming up on the remote (laptop).

On the desktop (main database) I uninstalled the Network Sync, re-installed the newer version, went back to the laptop and trying the sync again.  It worked immediately with no error.  Nothing touched on the laptop since the error, only that one change on the main database PC.