Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! v18 fails to address hi res screens

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: ACT! v18 fails to address hi res screens

Updates for Australia have been added to the Download Centre page below (Service Packs are listed about half way down the page).

http://www.act.com/resources/downloads/ap

Regards,

Stuart

Copper Contributor

@SMorrison wrote:

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

We've posted some further details about this issue on other threads, but I thought this would be useful to share here as it’s becoming increasingly important for us to resolve.

As some background to the problem, we made a decision earlier in the life of Act! around the technology we use to display it. While this was the best option at the time, the higher resolutions and advanced display options allowed by modern hardware and operating systems can cause issues. Basically Act! doesn't always ‘scale’ correctly to fit the display.

In recent update we've made product improvements where possible and as mentioned above in this thread there some workarounds which can help, however the user interface of Act! needs to be rewritten to fully resolve the issue. This is significant development work which can only be delivered in a major release (as opposed to a hotfix or service pack), however we are currently researching this. As soon as we have further information or timelines we'll be sure to update all related forum posts and announce this to customers.

I hope this information helps.

Stuart 

Hi Stuart @SMorrison,

Any updates on this? What research was done and where do things stand for the next major release? Will they incorporate a real 4k solution for all of us on high resolution displays?

Thanks

Bronze Elite Contributor

This might be fixed if you check the 'Disable display scaling on high DPI settings' on the 'Compatibility' tab in the properties for Act!.

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Copper Contributor

The DPI issue is fixed but the application itself still has blurry text etc. It's does natively support 4k resolutions. Have this beautiful 4k display and forced to use an application that looks terrible relative to all my other apps.

Windows 10 just installed an update, and afterwards my ACT calendar view became completely unusable.  It is as though the mini-calendar view is stretched horizontally to either side, and I am not able to see or get to my weekly, monthly, or any other useful view.  I went through all of these display/resolution problems several months back, but now can't find the eventual solution I had used.  This is getting tedious and if this keeps happening with every program update I will have to finally move on.  Act! Pro Version 18.1.103.0, Update 7

2016-09-21_9-55-35.jpg

Administrator

Hi dennisaubin,

It looks like the mini calendar pane has been stretched past the normal window viewport. Are you able to hover your cursor over any of the lines at the bottom of the calendars to resize the pane?

Rebuilding your Act! preferences files will also reset this view to default. The process for this is detailed in the following Knowledgebase article: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14770