Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT v18 Update 6 - not fixed Mail Merge problme

Copper Contributor

ACT v18 Update 6 - not fixed Mail Merge problme

I was waiting for the updates to fix the Outlook integration problem. I don't use the sync, but do use mail merge a lot, and it hasn't worked for a while. So I installed update 6 and it still crashes. Can anyone confirm that this update 6 for V18 has worked for them? 

I really don't want to have to update to V19 (or 20), especially if I'm not going to be sure it is working. 

Thanks for  your help anyone. 

Re: ACT v18 Update 6 - not fixed Mail Merge problme

Hi gordonrobb,

Could I confirm the Build of Outlook you are using? You can find this from File - Office Account - About Outlook and will look something like this: 16.0.8201.2136. While the issue should now be resolved for build 8201 I have experienced issues with the newer build 8229.

If you are on build 8229, We have a work around which is once you log into the database either Click on a customers email address / Use Write - Email Message / Click on the Big email button. this will connect with Outlook and then allow you to use Mail Merge / Email message from template.

Copper Contributor

Re: ACT v18 Update 6 - not fixed Mail Merge problme

Fantastic. It was on 8229, and I tried your workaround and it works. I'll find the link and stop my office automatically updating now. thanks.