Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

ACT! v17 Windows10 crashes when trying to attach document, document link or anything in document

Copper Contributor

Re: ACT! v17 Windows10 crashes when trying to attach document, document link or anything in document

In Swiftpage's Defense, I don't feel oversold at $200 per user and they sold me what I requested. Which was, basically what I had so far, not more, not less. That is what I got. And a bit more. Don't plan to go over 10 users. We are at 13000 contacts and just under 300MB (yes MB) . Works well on our server with SQL2012. And once I put in a Linux Server (since MS stopped small biz server) I hope I can run SQL on a virtual machine on that Linux server. ACT! is still a great small biz solution.
I just hope Swiftpage gets the hang of what ACT! had been for a long time and that the cloud isn't for everyone and has limitations when it comes to customization and addons.
Solution
Accepted by topic author metalco
‎10-02-2015 11:29 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT! v17 Windows10 crashes when trying to attach document, document link or anything in document

Thank You Swiftpage! You got blindsided by some Windows10 thing. But you provided a working hotfix within a week. Not too bad. 

Tunning several days now after installing hotfix. No more known problems.

Metalco,

I've seen people running VM's on a linux server to house the SQL database without issue.  We can't give you much help in the Linux side, but on the Windows side we can assist if you have a support contract.

Good luck, and feel free to post more questions or issues here!

Billy Clark
Swiftpage
Act! Knowledgebase: http://kb.act.com
Copper Contributor

Hi, Great. Thank You for the info. That is a really important thing I needed to know. Which is that VM's house SQL on Linux is no issue. In know I am on my own once I make the dive into Linux. Got a little live left on our Windows Server 2012. But it's good to know my options once Windows pulls the plug on the small businesses. Thanks again for the info. Once I get there I am sure I find (and share) info on the community forum.