05-10-2009 02:06 PM
All dates in all Character fields that I try to convert to Date are incorrectly converted to one day previous. For example, 10/16/07 (Character) converts to 10/15/2007 (Date). Is this a known bug? I am using Tools > Define Fields > Edit Field. Change Character to Date. Thanks.
05-12-2009 09:12 AM - edited 05-12-2009 09:13 AM
I tested this in 11.1 (using the same date in your example) and was not able to duplicate what you are experiencing, so it does not appear to be an issue with software. Try an alternative method:
- Create a new date field and add it to your layout
- Go to Edit/Copy Field
- Copy the data from your current character field to your new date field
- Remove the old character field from your layout
- Go to Tools/Database Maintenance/Check & Repair....do this twice in a row
- Make sure your Windows time and date settings are correct on your machine (from the Date & Time and Regional/Language Options settings in the Control Panel)
Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.