Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT sync sets ACT 18.2.53.0 Update4

Accepted Solution Solved
Bronze Elite Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT sync sets ACT 18.2.53.0 Update4

I have set up a sync set so that only records with a tick box called Sync this record sync. The main database keeps to the rule when syncing to remotes but any new records added to remotes where this box is not ticked still sync to the main database.

Is this a glitch or working as intended?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author ch1p
‎02-02-2017 10:28 AM
Administrator

Re: ACT sync sets ACT 18.2.53.0 Update4

Hi ch1p,

This is working as designed.

A sync set is designed to change which contacts will be created in a remote DB, so if the sync set is set to ‘tick box ticked’ then only these contacts will be included and sent across from the Host, but any new contacts created in the remote will be synced back to the Host regardless, because as it's the main database, the Host should always contain all database contacts.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author ch1p
‎02-02-2017 10:28 AM
Administrator

Hi ch1p,

This is working as designed.

A sync set is designed to change which contacts will be created in a remote DB, so if the sync set is set to ‘tick box ticked’ then only these contacts will be included and sent across from the Host, but any new contacts created in the remote will be synced back to the Host regardless, because as it's the main database, the Host should always contain all database contacts.
Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi Gary

When I thought it through I realised it had to work this way.

Thanks for the reply and will mark it answered.