Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT stopped Syncing contacts to outlook

ACT stopped Syncing contacts to outlook

Brief history: http://community.act.com/sage/board/message?board.id=Prem&thread.id=11492

Long story short we had lots of issues getting ACT to sync between three users.  We eventually gave up, backed up the database, deleted it from all the users, and restored the database on a desktop user.  We then created two remote databases, RemoteDatabase1.rdb and RemoteDatabase2.rdb.  I then did the restore remote database onmy two remote laptop users.  This worked fine.  I then put into the ACT Scheduler a task to sync once a day.  This is also working fine.  If I go into the sync panel I can check the sync log and it's syncing properly.

The problem is with the ACT contact book.  It doesn't seem to want to sync.  Maybe it's because it was setup on a different named database but I went though the steps to remove the old ACT address book, closed outlook, went into ACT, removed it from there, closed ACT, started ACT back up, and readded the ACT address book.  I open up Outlook at it's there but doesn't sync.  So I deleted it again and followed this: http://community.act.com/sage/board/message?board.id=Prem&view=by_date_ascending&message.id=3386#M33... Then recreated the address book again and again it's "there" but doesn't sync.  Also the "Attach to ACt contacts" button that gets added to Outlook is greyed out like it's not available.

What do I need to do to get this working again?  I just want ACT to sync it's contacts with Outlooks contacts.  Using Outlook 2003 with all patches along with ACT 10.03.

-Allan

Re: ACT stopped Syncing contacts to outlook

When you say syncing, do you mean not all of the contacts are showing in the ACT! address book in Outlook?  For the contacts that are missing, do these contacts in ACT! have an email address?

I mean they arn't syncing at all, none of them.  And the "Attach ACT Contacts" button is grey and not usable.  Activities are syncing using the ACT Calander and a task for that.  And history is being recorded correctly back to ACT for contacts that it matches up.  But no syncing of contacts is happening, a change made in Outlook doesn't go back to ACT and a new or updated contact in ACt doesn't sync back to Outlook.  

It DID before the database change.  In otherwords all three machines were setup and working.  We changed who held the database, resetup each ACT, and now the contacts won't sync.  I tried the steps to delete and recreate the address books per the link in my first post but it didn't help.  They are there, they show up, they just don't sync.

-Allan

There isn't a feature in ACT! that will sync Outlook and ACT! contacts.  Are you using an addon product to do this?

Let me rephrase this.  When I click on Contacts in Outlook it is empty.  When I click on the To button in a email and then select the "ACT Address Book" it is also empty.  I have 3600+ contacts in ACT so I would think some of those should be somewhere in Outlook.

-Allan